What should I do if I am involved in a car accident in Florida with a drunk driver?

Whenever we are involved in a car accident with somebody that we think is drunk, of course we’re always going to call law enforcement. That happens in every car wreck. When law enforcement comes to the scene of somebody that you think was driving drunk, make sure, assert your right, to know what that law enforcement officer is doing. We do see some situations where law enforcement officers for whatever reason, don’t do roadside sobriety tests, sometimes they don’t do breathalyzer tests. Then later on I hear from the victim, “Oh my goodness, I don’t understand why the law enforcement officer didn’t do these things.” When the law enforcement officer comes to the scene of your crash, ask that law enforcement officer what they’re doing. If they’re not doing an investigation for drunk driving, ask them why. Tell them that you think the person was drunk and you want that investigation done. Maybe they’ll respond to you positively, maybe they won’t but at least you’ve asked.

Leave a Reply