What is the purpose of the accident claims adjuster at the scene of an 18-wheeler or semi-truck accident?

Some insurance companies send what they call claims adjusters out to accident scenes. We see this almost exclusively in commercial vehicle crashes. There will be somebody. They usually don’t call them a claims investigator. Usually they call them a safety manager. Let me just tell you what that’s code for. That’s code for getting out to the scene immediately and figuring out we can we do to make sure that the company pays as little as possible for the harm that was done here. That’s what it’s all about.

Leave a Reply