Representing injured Floridians and their families against the big insurance companies that defend the negligent is what I do. Why and how I do it is pretty simple: Throughout my life, I’ve always stood with the regular guy, the underdog, the unfortunate one. Helping clients who’ve been injured in a crash or incident caused by someone else’s negligence is just a variation on that theme. I worked hard to develop my skills and I put my educational training, my courtroom practice and my real world experience to work getting my clients the best result possible. It really is that simple.
I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you more about how I and the firm can assist you and your family. Please contact us today to set up your confidential, no-cost initial consultation.
About Me and My Background
Some 30 years ago, fresh out of Plant High School in Tampa, I enlisted in the United States Marine Corps. In between stints on active duty, I juggled work and went to college – with the help of my GI bill. That hard work and self-reliance got me through college, with honors. Putting those lessons to work got me through law school, again with honors. My efforts were also recognized with academic awards, merit scholarships, and a Teaching Fellowship opportunity. And perhaps most importantly, I got my first real taste for courtroom work, through service on the Moot Court Board and an internship with the Federal Judiciary.
After law school, I again looked to the military as a way of testing my skills as a lawyer. As a U.S. Army JAG officer, I served (and “jumped out of perfectly good airplanes”) with and provided legal support to some of our finest regular guys and gals, the soldiers of the 82d Airborne Division and their families. With the 2d Infantry Division in Korea and at Fort Bliss (TX), I got more great experience, including my initial courtroom experience trying cases as a military prosecutor and as a Special Assistant United States Attorney with the U.S. Department of Justice.
In an effort to become an even better court-room attorney, I went back to school to specifically improve my trial skills. In 2008, after a year of intensive, focused study on trial advocacy I got my LL.M. (post-graduate) degree. With my law school training — at two of the most highly regarded trial advocacy programs in the country, Stetson University College of Law and Temple University Beasley School of Law, and my years of courtroom practice, I honestly believe I’m especially well-suited to serve my client’s best interests in front of the judges and juries across Florida.
Licensed in to practice law in both Florida and Virginia, I have, since 1998, focused on representing Florida consumers with tort claims and insurance disputes.
Regardless of where our clients are from, we would be pleased to talk with you more about how we can be of service to you and your loved ones. Please contact us today to set up your confidential, no-cost initial consultation.
More About Me and My Community Involvement
Outside of my direct work with clients, I have enjoyed working with related community organizations focused on making sure that Florida laws and public policy protect the safety of Florida consumers and help keep Florida consumer-friendly. I am proud to also volunteer with local organizations focused on ensuring our community attracts a diverse pool of legal talent and otherwise protects the regular guy. In an effort to stay current in the field of personal injury plaintiff’s work, I have also taught courses to attorneys and paralegals, authored legal articles and am active in plaintiffs-related lawyer organizations.
Some Professional Recognition
My hard and focused work on behalf of clients in the courtrooms of Florida has led to several professional honors. I have a Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating, the highest possible rating an attorney can achieve in both legal ability and ethical standards.
Outside of work, my favorite time is spent with my wife, Julie Luhrsen, also an attorney, and our two kids. As it is for most families, they really are what it’s all about.
Please contact me at The Liquor Law Center to learn even more about us as attorneys and our liquor liability experience. We are a family-owned business and we take pride in helping Florida families get their lives back on track after serious injuries or even a death. We offer free consultations, and we would be happy to visit you at your home or hospital room or wherever you are located.
- Temple University School of Law, LL.M., Trial Advocacy
- Stetson University School of Law, J.D. cum laude
- University of Tampa, B.A. cum laude
- Florida, 1993
- Virginia, 1998
- S. District Court – Middle District of Florida
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating
- Captain, U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps, 1994-1997 (82nd Airborne Division, Fort Bragg, NC; 2nd Infantry Division, Korea; Fort Bliss, Texas).
- Sergeant, US Marine Corps Reserve, 1983-90 (4th Assault Amphibious Battalion, Tampa)
Publications, Presentations & Professional Associations
- ”Back to the Future: How Rodriguez v. Lagomasino Got It Right in 2008 and Why Modern Voir Dire Should Be Guided by 1929’s Johnson v. Reynolds, The Florida Bar Journal (November 2008).
- “Legal Grave Robbing: Discovery of Psychotherapy Records in Wrongful Death Cases,” The Florida Justice Association Journal (September 2007).
- Continuing Legal Education Lecturer, Florida Justice Association: Auto Negligence Seminar (2002 & 2004); Collateral Sources Seminar (2003, 2004, & 2006);Annual Convention (2003); Insurance Seminar (2004, 2006, 2007 & 2008); and Al J. Cone Trial Advocacy Institute (2005)
- American Association for Justice
- Fellow, Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- Eagle member, Florida Justice Association
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- Diversity Committee, Sarasota County Bar Association
- Chair, Public Policy, Florida Mothers Against Drunk Drivers (2006-2007)
- Florida Highway Patrol Advisory Board, Lifetime Member
- Coach, Youth Flag Football, Suncoast Sports Club (2006-2012)
- Diversity Committee, Sarasota County Bar Association
- Sarasota County Substance Abuse Coalition
- Manatee County Substance Abuse Coalition
Had A Good Experience With Attorney Jeff Luhrsen?
Please Share it with a Review on Google!